Nominate a Rock Star! It could be YOU!!!!
The SCASL Elections committee is seeking nominations for the 2016– 2017 Slate of Officers (President Elect and Treasurer) and three Election Committee Member-at-Large positions. Elections will be held during the March 2016 SCASL Annual Business Meeting at the conference in Myrtle Beach. Nominees must reside and/or work in South Carolina and be members of SCASL.
President Elect: The President Elect is a three-year commitment and requires previous Board of Directors service. Personal membership in ALA and AASL for the duration of your service as an officer is also required.
Year One Duties (President Elect):
• Plans the SCASL 2017 Annual Conference and selects the major speakers for the 2018 conference.
• SCASL sends you to ALA Annual (June 23-June 28, 2016) in Orlando, FL to observe the AASL Affiliate Assembly and scout for conference speakers, authors, and vendors.
• SCASL sends you to ALA Midwinter Meeting (January 20-24, 2017) in Atlanta, GA to represent SCASL at the AASL Affiliate Assembly.
• SCASL sends you to ALA Annual (June 22-27, 2017) in Chicago, IL to observe the AASL Affiliate Assembly and scout for conference speakers, authors, and vendors.
Year Two Duties (President):
• Presides over Executive Committee and Board of Directors Meetings.
• SCASL sends you to AASL Conference (November 9-12, 2017) in Phoenix, AZ.
• SCASL sends you to ALA Midwinter Meeting (February 9-13, 2018) in Denver, CO to represent SCASL at the AASL Affiliate Assembly.
• SCASL sends you to ALA Annual (June 21-26, 2018) in New Orleans, LA to represent SCASL at the AASL Affiliate Assembly.
Year Three Duties (Past President):
• Chairs the Elections Committee.
• Chairs the SCASL 2021 annual conference site selection task force.
Treasurer: The Treasurer serves a two-year term from July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2018 and requires previous Board of Directors service. This position is responsible for the disbursement of monies of the association after approval of the president, keeps records of disbursements by committee, event, or office as indicated in the budget and presents a written report at each Board of Directors meeting and at the business meeting of the annual conference. Includes a yearly stipend of $500.
SCASL Election Committee Member-at-Large: The SCASL Election Committee is responsible for vetting candidates for offices available and the members-at-large for the Election Committee; seeking approval of election slates from the SCASL Board of Directors; and ensuring that the membership is notified of the slates prior to the election. Historically, Election Committees have met electronically to conduct business.
Nominations, including self-nominations, must be made in writing to Diana T. Carr, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 16, 2015. All members are urged to participate in the 2016 election process. You can participate by nominating members and by agreeing to serve in one of these capacities if asked.